Algeria has made considerable progress in urbanisation. Cities as well as rural areas are undergoing significant quantitative, spatial and qualitative changes. What about the governance of this phenomenon? The proposed axes aim to explore essential aspects of urban and territorial development, taking into account civic awareness, building standards, quality of life, proximity management, condominiums and living together.
- Awareness of civic culture:
The success of sustainable urban development depends on a solid civic awareness. By focusing on this axis, we can study how to strengthen the civic consciousness of Algerian citizens, promote community engagement and promote active participation in urban life.
– Assess the level of civic awareness among the Algerian population.
– Identify the factors that influence civic participation.
– Propose initiatives to strengthen civic culture in Algerian cities.
- City building standards:
Building standards play a key role in the quality and sustainability of cities. By looking at this axis, we can analyse current construction standards in Algeria, compare them with international best practices and make recommendations to improve urban design.
– Examine construction and urban development standards in Algeria.
– Assess their compliance with the principles of sustainability and energy efficiency.
– Propose revisions or adjustments to standards to encourage more sustainable urban development.
- Proximity management:
Effective proximity management is crucial to improving the quality of life in urban neighbourhoods. By looking at this axis, we can explore approaches to community management that promote social cohesion, security and friendliness.
– Analyse existing proximity management policies in Algeria.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of neighbourhood initiatives in terms of safety and quality of life.
– Propose strategies to strengthen community management in Algerian cities.
- Management of housing stock:
The management of the housing stock is essential to meet the housing needs of the population. By focusing on this area, we can analyse current housing policies, assess housing needs and propose solutions for more effective management.
– Review housing and urban policies in Algeria.
– Assess current and future demand for housing.
– Propose recommendations to optimise the management of the housing stock.
- Management of cities, neighbourhoods and the ‘living together:
The management of cities and neighbourhoods has a direct impact on living together and the quality of life of residents. By looking at this axis, we can study approaches to neighbourhood management in Algeria and propose ways to improve conviviality and live together.
– Analyse the management policies of cities and neighbourhoods in Algeria.
– Assess quality of life and social cohesion in neighbourhoods.
– Propose recommendations to strengthen living together in urban communities.