The Orientation Council
The Members of the TARSHS Orientation Council:
The Agency’s Orientation Council, chaired by the Minister in charge of Scientific Research or his representative (Decree No. 1906 of November 11th , 2019, fixing the nominative list of the members of the Orientation Council of the Thematic Agency of Research in Social and Human Sciences), includes:
The list of the members of the Orientation Council is fixed by decree of the Minister in charge of scientific research on a proposal from the institutions to which they belong for a renewable period of four (4) years.
Deliberation of the Orientation Council:
The Orientation Council deliberates in particular on:
*The annual and multiannual work program submitted to it by the Director of the Agency, after consulting the Scientific Council.
* National research program projects under the authority of the Agency.
* The Agency’s development prospects.
* The organization and operation of the Agency.
* The Annual activity report.
* Forecast statements of revenue and expenditures.
* Financial management of the previous financial year.
* Human Resources Management Plan.
* Loans to be contracted.
* Acceptance and allocation of gifts and legacies.
* Acquisitions, sales or rentals of buildings.
* The agency’s internal rules.
The Orientation Council meets in ordinary session twice (2) a year, when convened by its Chair. It may meet in extraordinary session at the request of either the supervisory authority or two-thirds (2/3) of its members, or the Director of the Agency.